- 350g fresh thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 6 small free-range chicken thigh fillets (about 500g total), quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lemongrass stems (pale part only), thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 270g can coconut milk
- 1 bunch broccolini, stems separated, halved lengthways
- 250g silken tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- Step 1Cook the egg noodles according to the packet directions and drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frypan over high heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Reduce heat to medium, add onion, lemongrass and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just soft. Add the fish sauce and coconut milk, and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened. Stir in broccolini and tofu, then cover and cook for 2 minutes or until broccolini is tender and tofu is warmed through.
- Step 3Serve in bowls over noodles, with coriander and lime wedges, if desired.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Nichols
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au