- 200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g pork mince
- 3 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), halved, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Fountain Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- chopped long red chilli, to serve
- Step 1Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork separate noodles. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add half the pork. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with oil and remaining pork.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add eschalot and lemongrass. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return pork to wok. Add sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and fish sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add mint, coriander and noodles. Toss to combine. Serve.
Tip: You could replace pork with 500g chicken or turkey mince.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas