- 1 lemon, thinly sliced crossways
- 4 small pears
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split lengthways, halved crossways
- Double or whipped cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180ºC. Cut four 30cm squares of non-stick baking paper. Place one-quarter of the lemon in the centre of each piece of baking paper. Top each with 1 pear, standing upright. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar around the base of each pear. Add a piece of the vanilla bean.
- Step 2Bring the edges of the paper together around the stem and secure with unwaxed kitchen string.
- Step 3Place the parcels in a baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the pears are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Open the parcels slightly. Drizzle the caramelised juices from the base over the pears. Serve in the paper with cream.
- Diabetes friendly
- Heart friendly
- High carb
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low cholesterol
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste