- 1 1/2 cups medium-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (200g each) pork cutlets
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 270g jar chargrilled capsicum, drained, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Step 1Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Combine lemon rind and olive oil in a large ceramic dish. Add pork. Turn to coat. Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Step 3Add pepitas, onion, capsicum and lemon juice to rice. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve pork with rice mixture.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Super saver: Use 4 (200g each)pork forequarter chops instead of cutlets and save around $3.52 in total.
- Author: Sharon Kennedy
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas