- 250g packet butternut snap biscuits
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 x 2 litres Blue Ribbon vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 100g packet vanilla mini meringues, roughly crushed
- 2 x 280g jars lemon butter
- Extra meringues, to decorate
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Icing sugar mixture, for dusting
- Step 1Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edge of pan.
- Step 2Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer 3/4 cup crumbs to a bowl. Reserve remaining crumbs. Add butter to bowl. Stir well to combine. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place half the ice-cream in a large bowl. Add meringues and half the lemon butter. Stir until just combined. Spoon mixture over prepared base. Spread top with a spatula to level. Sprinkle reserved biscuit crumbs over ice-cream, pressing into ice-cream to secure. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze overnight.
- Step 4Place remaining ice-cream in a bowl. Add remaining lemon butter. Stir until just combined. Return ice-cream to container or place in a freezable container. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Step 5Just before serving, stand ice-cream cake at room temperature for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Scoop remaining ice-cream and arrange on top of cake (see tip). Serve cake decorated with extra meringues and silver cachous. Dust with icing sugar.
- High protein
- Low sodium
Tip: You can prepare ice-cream scoops ahead of time and freeze on a tray.
Allow overnight freezing time.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas