2499 kj Energy
37g Fat Total
18g Saturated Fat
4g Carbs (sugar)
20g Carbs (total)
Lemon lamb cutlets with spring vegetablesPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 (750g) lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 500g chat potatoes, halved
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 200g yellow beans, trimmed
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- Step 1Combine oil, lemon rind and lemon juice in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add cutlets. Rub lemon mixture into cutlets.
- Step 2Combine butter, garlic, mint and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Step 4Meanwhile, place beans in a metal steamer. Place steamer over a large saucepan of simmering water. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes. Add snow peas. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are bright green and just tender.
- Step 5Heat a barbecue plate or chargill on high heat. Add cutlets. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Divide cutlets and vegetables between plates. Dot vegetables with butter mixture. Serve.
Budget tip: Use lamb leg steaks instead of cutlets and save around $9.94 total.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas