- 1/4 cup honey
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 8 (1.5kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1kg desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (170g) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Step 1Combine honey, ginger, half the garlic and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a jug. Place chicken in a large, shallow glass dish. Add honey mixture. Coat. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place a wire rack in a foil-lined large baking dish. Remove chicken from dish, reserving marinade. Place chicken, in a single layer, on rack. Bake chicken, basting with reserved marinade and pan juices halfway through cooking, for 40 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place potato on a large microwave-safe plate. Add 2 teaspoons cold water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 4Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Add remaining garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add potato. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Add parsley.
- Step 5Serve chicken with chorizo potatoes, drizzled with remaining lemon juice.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Prepare in advance: Make step 1 of the recipe. Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in an snap-lock bag for up to 2 months.
- Author: Liz Macri & Emma Braz
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Super Food Ideas