- 300g fettuccini
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained, coarsely flaked
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, quartered, very thinly sliced
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, use a zester to zest the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith and cut rind into thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add the pasta, tuna, fennel and rocket. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Gently toss until just combined. Divide among serving plates and serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: