- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, halved
- 415g can pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 3 green onions, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups dried panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons French dressing
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan over low heat. Toss until excess liquid has evaporated. Mash potatoes. Place potato in a bowl. Stir in salmon, green onion, dill, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 egg. Season. Using wet hands, shape into 12 patties.
- Step 2Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Lightly whisk remaining egg and 1 tablespoon cold water in shallow dish. Coat patties in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Shallow-fry patties for 5 to 6 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 4Combine cucumber, celery, onion and dressing in a bowl. Toss to coat. Serve patties with salad and lemon wedges.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons, Andrew Young & Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas