- 4 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 4 Turkish bread rolls, split
- olive oil cooking spray
- 50g mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado, halved, sliced
- 1/3 cup aioli or whole-egg mayonnaise
- Step 1Place chicken between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper. Using a meat mallet, pound until 1cm thick. Combine thyme, oil, lemon rind and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2Preheat barbecue plate and grill on medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Cook chicken on barbecue plate for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Meanwhile, spray cut side of rolls with oil. Grill rolls for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Step 3Arrange salad greens on roll bases. Top with avocado, chicken and aioli. Cover with roll tops and serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Warner Family, Cremorne, NSW (reader recipe)
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar & Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas