- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (see note)
- Step 1Combine 2 tablespoons of wine, 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey and the garlic in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180°C. Drain the chicken from the marinade and place on a large baking tray. Drizzle over the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the milk and mash until smooth. Stir in the mustard and season with salt. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Place the remaining wine, lemon juice and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Step 5Divide the mash and chicken among serving plates and drizzle over the sauce to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
If you want this recipe to be gluten free, use gluten-free wholegrain mustard.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste