- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a 26cm (top) non-stick frying pan over medium heat (see note). Add onion, garlic and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add spaghetti and pasta sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Preheat grill on medium.
- Step 2Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until frittata is almost set. Transfer to grill. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until frittata is set and top golden. Serve with salad.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You’ll need a frying pan with a flameproof handle. Budget tip: By using leftover pasta and sauce, we’ve saved you around $1.30 in total.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas