- 1.125L (4 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Bring the stock just to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the leek, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until grains appear glassy.
- Step 3Add a ladleful (about 125ml/1/2 cup) of the simmering stock to the rice and stir constantly with a wooden spoon over medium heat until the liquid is completely absorbed. Add the remaining stock mixture a ladleful at a time, stirring until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Continue for 15 minutes or until rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in the grated parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Divide the risotto among serving dishes and top with shaved parmesan.
- High carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste