Author Notes: I love making these at least once a week as they refrigerate really well and are delicious hot or cold. They are quick and easy to make and are perfect for the lunch box or even as a party snack. —Sandra Ramacher
cup pumpkin – peeled and diced
cup leeks – chopped
cup parmesan cheese – grated
cup french cream or cream
salt & pepper to taste
- Dice pumpkin into 1 cm/½ inch pieces, place in pot, cover and steam in a small amount of water about 10 minutes until they start to soften.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the chopped leeks. Stir and sauté about 2 minutes – until the leeks start to wilt.
- Add the honey and garlic, and cook, stirring for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, parmesan and french creamˆ, and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and leeks, and season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the tops of the pies feel firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the moulds.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Refrigerate in an airtight container.