Author Notes: So you have a picnic coming up and you’re out of ideas for what to bring? Fear not, I may have just what you need. —Ala Lemon
Leek and goat’s cheese quichePrint Recipe
- 1 ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 500 grams / 1 lb leeks, sliced very thinly
- 25 grams / 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, chopped
- 300 milliliters / 1¼ cup milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs 200 grams
- 1 cup log goat's cheese, half chopped, the rest sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped almond or hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line your tin with baking parchment. Unroll the pastry and fit it into the tin.
- Line with more baking parchment, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake 5 minutes more to dry the base.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, fry the leeks and tarragon in the butter until they have rendered their liquid and it has evaporated. Set aside to cool a little.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Whisk until well mixed, then stir in the chopped cheese.
- Carefully tip the leek mixture into the pastry, arrange the sliced cheese on top and scatter over the nuts, if using.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and the filling is set.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature, at home or at the park.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore