Author Notes: I think one of the best aspects of a “hot toddy” is that it is enjoyed at the end of the day when you can finally relax. So I enjoy this recipe because it is so simple! I found a version of this recipe in The Hotel Limpia Cookbook. The hotel has been in Fort Davis, Texas since 1913. I changed the recipe to include more sugar, less tea bags, and a splash of rum for those nights when you really want a reward for the days work! —cowgirlculture
Makes: 4 cups
cups boiling water
packets orange spice tea bags
cups cranberry juice (heated)
shot rum (like Malibu or Parrot Bay)
- Steep the two orange spice tea bags in the 2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and dissolve.
- Heat cranberry juice for about a minute in the microwave.
- Pour in cranberry juice to tea mixture.
- Add shot of rum. You could obviously increase the amount of rum according to the night of the week. I prefer Malibu or Parrot Bay rum.
- Divided into two big mugs or four tea cups. Garnish with a slice of orange if there is one handy.