- 1 quantity basic bechamel sauce
- 250g dried lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 quantity basic bolognaise sauce
- 75g mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-cup capacity, 7cm-deep, 18cm x 25cm (base) rectangular baking dish.
- Step 2Thinly spread 3/4 cup bechamel sauce over base of dish (this prevents dried pasta sticking to base). Cover with 1 layer pasta sheets, breaking to fit if necessary. Top with one-third of bolognaise sauce and one-third of remaining bechamel sauce. Repeat pasta and sauce layers twice, finishing with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Step 3Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and bubbling around the edges. Stand lasagne for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas