- 4 red bullhorn peppers, halved lengthways
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 8 cherry tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lamb leg steaks
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove seeds and membranes from peppers. Place peppers, cut-side up, on prepared tray. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the fetta. Top with tomato, olives and garlic. Sprinkle with remaining fetta. Drizzle with half the oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, drizzle steaks with remaining oil. Sprinkle both sides with lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side, for medium, or until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Serve steaks with peppers, salad leaves and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with basil.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Experiment with different cheeses, such as goat’s cheese, ricotta or bocconcini.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas