- 1 medium (400g) sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 600g diced lamb
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- You'll need 8 pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- Step 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or until almost tender. Drain. Cool. Combine oil, garlic and rosemary in a large bowl. Add lamb. Toss to coat in oil mixture. Thread lamb, potato and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook skewers in batches, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3To make ranch dressing: Place mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, garlic, chives and paprika in a small screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Drizzle lettuce with Ranch dressing. Serve with skewers.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Craig Wall, Al Richardson & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas