- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 800g lamb rump, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Warmed pita breads, to serve
- Baba ghanoush (see note), to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine spices, honey, garlic, molasses, parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped mint and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl and season. Add lamb, tossing to coat, and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight. If using bamboo skewers, soak 8 in water for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high. Thread the lamb onto 8 skewers. Cook the skewers, turning, for 10-12 minutes until charred but still slightly pink in the centre. Rest, loosely covered, while you make the tomatoes.
- Step 3Toss tomatoes, vinegar and remaining mint and oil together, then season.
- Step 4Serve lamb with pitas, tomatoes, baba ghanoush, extra mint and lemon wedges.
Baba ghanoush and pomegranate molasses are available from delis and Middle Eastern shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au