- 800g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Lebanese bread
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 x 450g can Golden Circle Whole Baby Beets, drained, quartered
- 1 x 200g ctn bought tzatziki
- Fresh continental parsley sprigs,
- Step 1Place the mince, onion, garlic and cumin in a large bowl. Mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 15cm-long log. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spray the kofta with olive oil spray. Add the kofta to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the tomato and onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Divide the bread, lettuce, beetroot, kofta, tomato mixture and tzatziki among serving plates. Top with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
- Low carb
Budget tip: Replace tzatziki with natural yoghurt seasoned with salt and pepper Variation: Chicken meatball salad with tzatziki: Replace lamb with chicken mince. Roll into balls in step 1. Combine tomato, onion, lettuce, beetroot and meatballs in a bowl. Serve with tzatziki and bread.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste