Lamb cutlets with whipped feta and carrot picklePrint Recipe
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 75g reduced-fat fresh ricotta
- 50g low-fat feta
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- 12 (about 660g) French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 98% fat-free wholemeal pita bread, warmed, to serve
- Step 1Process the carrots in a food processor until finely grated. Whisk the lemon juice and brown sugar together in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season well. Add the carrot and coriander. Toss well to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Meanwhile, process the ricotta, feta and milk until smooth and combined. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with a little oil, if using.
- Step 3Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with olive oil. Sprinkle with the sumac and season. Cook, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 2 minutes.
- Step 4Divide the carrot pickle, whipped feta and lamb among plates. Serve with pita.
Sumac is a versatile tangy Middle Eastern spice that’s perfect sprinkled over lamb, chicken or salmon before barbecuing. It’s also great sprinkled over a fresh tomato salad or mixed through mayonnaise to serve with prawns.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine