- 12 lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 200g (1 cup) dried risoni pasta
- 2 small zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 65g baby spinach leaves
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes
- 100g fresh ricotta
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Add the lamb and cook, for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the risoni in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the zucchini in the last 2 minutes and the spinach in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 3Place tomatoes, ricotta, garlic, oil, lemon juice and capers in the bowl of a food processor and process to combine.
- Step 4Add the tomato mixture to the risoni mixture and stir to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with lamb and serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Don’t have a food processor? If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop the tomatoes and capers. Crush the garlic. Place the tomato, capers, garlic, ricotta, oil and lemon juice in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste