- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 12 french-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Tomato chutney (optional), to serve
- Step 1Combine the flour with the spices and season with salt and pepper. Brush the cutlets with extra oil, then coat each one in the flour mixture.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb cutlets, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side for medium (or until cooked to your liking). Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same frypan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the rice and lentils to the pan and stir to combine and heat through. Stir in the parsley.
- Step 4Divide the rice and lamb cutlets among 4 plates. Serve with tomato chutney if desired.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Emma Reilly
- Publication: Taste.com.au