- 600g kent pumpkin, scrubbed, cut into 8mm-thick slices
- 2 large zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place the pumpkin, zucchini, onion and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season and toss to combine.
- Step 2Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high. Cook the vegetables in 2 batches, turning, for 5-6 minutes or until charred. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Step 3Combine the lemon rind and juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, chilli and remaining oil in a bowl. Season. Place the chops in a separate bowl. Spoon over half the lemon mixture. Toss to coat. Add the chickpeas to the remaining lemon mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer the chickpea mixture to the roasting pan. Gently toss to combine. Roast for 12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 4Meanwhile, spray the chops with oil. Chargrill or barbecue the chops, turning, for 7-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for 3 minutes. 5 Add half the basil to the vegetables in the roasting pan. Gently toss to combine. Top with the chops. Serve in the roasting pan, sprinkled with the remaining basil.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Try replacing the loin chops with lamb cutlets or backstrap, cooking 5-6 minutes for medium.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine