- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- canola oil spray
- 500g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500g broccoli, cut into florets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 6 shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded fresh mint leaves
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine the Chinese rice wine and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Spray with canola oil spray to lightly grease. Add one-third of the lamb and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining lamb, reheating the wok between batches.
- Step 3Heat the wok over high heat. Spray with canola oil spray to lightly grease. Add the chilli and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and stock, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the shallot softens slightly.
- Step 4Add lamb and rice wine mixture to the wok, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
((( With a twist ))) Chicken & Thai basil noodles: Replace the lamb with 500g single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced. Replace the mint with 1/2 cup coarsely shredded fresh Thai basil leaves. Serve with warmed hokkien noodles.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste