- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 70g Rogan Josh curry paste (see note)
- 500g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock or water
- 250g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g squash, quartered
- 250g Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 12 mini plain pappadams (see tip)
- Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and a pinch salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add lamb. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Add tomatoes with their juice and stock to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Step 3Add sweet potato, squash and sprouts to pan. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until vegetables and lamb are tender.
- Step 4Cook pappadams following packet directions. Serve curry with pappadams.
Adding 1 cup cooked rice will increase the carbs by 13.3g per serve. Rogan Josh is a medium curry paste. You could also use korma curry paste. To prepare pappadums, place on a heatproof, microwave-safe rack or plate lined with baking paper. Cook, 4 at a time, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until they expand and crispen.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Super Food Ideas