- 500g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 x 30cm bought pizza bases, fresh or frozen
- 1 x 300g jar tomato salsa
- 160g (2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lamb strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Cook the pumpkin in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
- Step 2Place the pizza bases on 2 baking trays and spread with salsa. Sprinkle with cheese, pumpkin and olives. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12-15 minutes or until cheese melts and is light golden. Remove from oven.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add half the lamb and half the oregano, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until brown and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining lamb and oregano.
- Step 4Top pizzas with lamb mixture and sprinkle with rocket. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- High fibre
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: L. Denny, Thirlmere, NSW (reader)
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Australian Good Taste