- 400g lamb mince
- 50g Danish feta, crumbled
- 1 slice bread, crusts removed, torn
- 1 shallot, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 rounds pita bread
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 1 carrot, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 125g bought reduced-fat tzatziki
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue flat plate or large frying pan on medium. Place the lamb, feta, bread, shallot and egg yolk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty.
- Step 2Brush each patty with oil. Add the patties to the flat plate and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Add the pita bread to the flat plate and cook for 30 seconds each side or until heated through. Cut an opening at one end of each bread to form a pocket.
- Step 4Divide the pita bread among serving plates. Place 3 patties in each pocket. Divide the cucumber and carrot among the pockets. Top with a dollop of tzatziki. Serve with the remaining tzatziki.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste