- 8 Old El Paso Stand ’n Stuff Taco Shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (see note)
- 375g btl mild salsa (see note) corn salsa
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Step 1Heat the taco shells following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the taco seasoning and salsa. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Step 3To make the corn salsa, combine the corn, onion, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 4Divide the lamb mixture among the taco shells and top with the corn salsa.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
If you want this recipe to be gluten free, use gluten-free salsa and gluten-free taco seasoning.
Swap it: Replace the corn with a green capsicum, seeded, chopped.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste