- 1 large (about 300g) potato, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 small (about 700g) kumara, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 250g Taleggio cheese (see note), rind removed, chopped
- 12 fresh cannelloni sheets (see note) or lasagne sheets cut into 10cm x 15cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (110g) onion jam
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with foil.
- Step 2Toss potato, kumara, garlic, oil and 1 tablespoon thyme together, then spread out on the baking tray. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and slightly crisp.
- Step 3Meanwhile, stir cream, 100g Taleggio and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme in a saucepan over medium-low heat until Taleggio has melted. Season and cool slightly.
- Step 4Blanch the pasta sheets in pan of boiling, salted water for 30 seconds, then drain. Place 4 pasta sheets on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Spread with half the onion jam and top with half the roasted vegetables and 75g Taleggio. Repeat layers, then top with remaining 4 pasta sheets. Pour over cheese sauce and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
Taleggio is a washed-rind Italian cheese from delis. Cannelloni sheets are available from supermarkets.
- Author: Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au