- 800g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Spray olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Turmeric Ground
- 190g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 100g trimmed kale leaves, shredded
- 40g (1/4 cup) pepitas
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on prepared tray, spray with olive oil. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander and turmeric, cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Step 3Add quinoa and 500ml (2 cups) water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until water has evaporated and quinoa is al dente. Stir through kale until just wilted, then gently stir through the roasted pumpkin, pepitas and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
All nutrition values are per serve
This pilaf is gluten free.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Taste.com.au