- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 oranges, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (200g each) pork loin chops
- 600g sebago potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine allspice, half the chilli powder, thyme, 1 cup orange juice and cumin in a large ceramic dish. Add pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Step 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Toss with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 3Lightly spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with olive oil spray. Heat over mediumhigh heat. Remove pork from marinade. Pat with paper towel to remove excess marinade. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining chilli powder. Stir sour cream mixture, onion and coriander through potato mixture. Serve pork with potato salad and rocket leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas