- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 6 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 185g butter, melted, cooled
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole, 1/2 cup-capacity friand pan.
- Step 2Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add almond meal, flour and orange rind. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre. Add egg whites and butter. Stir to combine.
- Step 3Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of 1 friand comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Super Food Ideas