- 375g dried angel hair pasta
- 185g tub pitted mixed marinated olives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g pork and veal mince
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 400g tomato medley mix, halved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 6 radicchio leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain olives, reserving marinating oil. Cut olives in half.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1/2 the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add 1/2 the mince. Cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining mince.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, fennel seeds and pine nuts. Cook for 30 seconds or until toasted. Return mince to pan. Add tomato, olives, vinegar, sugar and reserved marinating oil. Cook for 3 minutes. Add radicchio, pasta, basil and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Serve topped with extra parsley.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas