- 250g large dried pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 (375g) Italian beef sausages
- 2/3 quantity Semi-roasted tomatoes (see related recipe)
- 1/4 cup Massel beef stock
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 150g mozzarella, cut into 1cm cubes
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Thinly slice.
- Step 3Place roasted tomato and stock in a food processor. Process until just combined.
- Step 4Place pasta in a 6cm deep, 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with sausage and basil. Spoon over tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve.
Variation: Substitute pork, fennel and Italian spice sausages for the beef sausages.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas