- 500g lean Italian pork sausages
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 430g can condensed tomato soup
- 50g dried angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- Step 1Cut 1 end from each sausage. Squeeze meat from casings. Discard casings. Using hands, roll meat into small meatballs.
- Step 2Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and celery to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. Add capsicum, stock, soup, meatballs and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Add pasta and broccoli. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve.
Try beef and cracked pepper or spicy lamb sausages in the soup instead of pork.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas