- 500g thick pork and herb sausages
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Squeeze sausage meat from the casings, then roll into 4 portions and flatten into patties. Coat patties in half the crumbs, then chill for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium heat. Fry patties, turning, for 8-10 minutes until golden, crisp and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Step 3Return the pan to the heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Fry remaining 1/2 cup (35g) crumbs for 3-4 minutes until golden, then toss with herbs and zest. Set aside.
- Step 4Fill a wide shallow saucepan with water, add vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer. One by one, crack the eggs into a teacup. Swirl the water using a spoon to create a whirlpool, then carefully slide the eggs into the water. Cook for 3 minutes or until poached but yolks are still soft. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on a tea towel.
- Step 5To serve, divide patties and eggs among 4 plates, top with crumbs, rocket and a drizzle of oil, then season well.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au