- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils
- 750g lean lamb mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine yoghurt, 1 tablespoon mint and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 2Place lentils in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain well again. Transfer to a large bowl. Add mince, onion and remaining mint. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Step 3Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato, stock and 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Step 4Spoon steamed rice into bowls. Spoon over meatballs and sauce. Serve with minted yoghurt.
Note: You can freeze uncooked meatballs in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Super Food Ideas