How to order food in Vietnam? If you are planning to travel to Vietnam, the issue of ordering food should be noted in your plan. Although I know that today, buying food is not as difficult as it was in the past, but at night when there are no people, it is a big problem. In this article, we will guide you on how to buy food when visiting Vietnam for such times.
How to order food in Vietnam?
Ordering food in Vietnam can be a simple and straightforward process. Here are some steps to help you:
- Choose a restaurant: You can use food apps like Foody, Lozi, Yelp, Eat.vn, or Baemin to find local restaurants and street food stalls, or simply walk around and find a place that looks appealing.
- Browse the menu: Most restaurants in Vietnam have their menu displayed outside, or you can ask the staff for a menu.
- Place your order: When you’re ready to order, simply tell the waiter what you want to eat and how many portions you want. You can also ask for recommendations if you’re not sure what to order.
- Pay: You can pay the bill directly to the waiter or at the counter, depending on the restaurant’s policies. Most restaurants in Vietnam accept cash or card payment.
- Enjoy your food: Wait for your food to be served and enjoy it while it’s hot. Don’t forget to try some of the local drinks, such as coffee or iced tea, to accompany your meal.
By following these steps, you can easily order and enjoy food in Vietnam.
Top 5 best food delivery app in Vietnam
When traveling to Vietnam, some popular food apps to explore the local cuisine include:
- Foody – a popular Vietnamese food delivery and restaurant-finding app that offers reviews and ratings of restaurants, cafes, and street food stalls. (Android app – iOS App)
- Lozi – a food and lifestyle app that provides recommendations for local restaurants and street food stalls based on user reviews. ( Android app – iOS app)
- Yelp – a popular app for finding local restaurants and food establishments, including those in Vietnam, that includes user reviews and ratings. ( Android app – iOS app)
- Eat.vn – a Vietnamese food delivery and restaurant finding app that offers a comprehensive list of restaurants, cafes, and street food stalls in Vietnam. ( Android app – iOS app)
- Baemin – a South Korean food delivery app that is popular in Vietnam and offers a wide selection of local and international cuisine options. ( Android app – iOS app)
These apps can help you find the best places to eat and enjoy local cuisine during your travels in Vietnam.
Things to note when buying food on the app in Vietnam
When using food delivery apps in Vietnam, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Payment methods: Make sure to check the available payment methods before placing your order. Some apps accept cash, card, or both.
- Delivery fee: Some apps may have a delivery fee, especially for orders under a certain amount. Be sure to check if there is a fee before placing your order.
- Delivery time: Delivery time can vary depending on the location and the restaurant. Be sure to check the estimated delivery time before placing your order.
- Food quality: Food quality can sometimes be affected during delivery. If you have concerns about the quality of the food, consider opting for a restaurant that offers takeout or dine-in options.
- Language barrier: Some restaurants may not have English-speaking staff, so it’s a good idea to have a Vietnamese-speaking friend or use a translation app to help with the ordering process.
By keeping these things in mind, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable food delivery experience in Vietnam.
Do i need to tip the food delivery person?
In Vietnam, tipping for food delivery is not a common practice, but it is appreciated. Tipping is not expected, but if you received excellent service, a small amount (5,000 to 10,000 VND or equivalent) is a nice gesture to show appreciation for the delivery person’s effort. However, it’s always up to your discretion and budget.
Final conclusion for ordering food in Vietnam
In conclusion, ordering food in Vietnam can be a fun and convenient way to enjoy the local cuisine. With the help of food delivery apps like Foody, Lozi, Yelp, Eat.vn, or Baemin, you can easily find and order food from local restaurants and street food stalls. It’s important to keep in mind the payment methods, delivery fee, delivery time, food quality, and language barrier when using these apps. Tipping is not expected but appreciated. By following these tips, you can have a seamless and enjoyable food delivery experience in Vietnam.0
Leave a Reply