- 150g un-iced gingerbread men, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 500ml good-quality vanilla ice cream
- Assortment of lollies, to serve
Ginger & caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Place the crumbled gingerbread men, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and stir well to combine. Spread crumb mixture in an even layer on the lined baking tray, then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove the crumb mixture from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Step 3Meanwhile, for the ginger and caramel sauce, combine golden syrup, brown sugar, cream and ground ginger in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the sauce until the sugar dissolves, then bring to a simmer. Allow the sauce to bubble for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Step 4Scoop the vanilla ice cream into bowls or glass serving dishes, then drizzle with the ginger and caramel sauce and top with the crumb trail. Decorate with lollies and serve.
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jessica Brook
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au