- 1.5 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 420g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sambal oelek (see note)
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 200g fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed, shredded
- sambal oelek, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Combine stock, chicken, corn, soy sauce, sambal oelek and brown sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Step 2Add noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Step 3Stir through spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Spoon soup into bowls. Serve with sambal oelek, if using.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Sambal oelek is an Indonesian chilli sauce. You can find it in the Asian section of the supermarket, or specialist stores.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas