- 2206 kj Energy
- 8.6g Fat Total
- 1.5g Saturated Fat
- 5.1g Fibre
- 41.1g Protein
- 89mg Cholesterol
- 1904mg Sodium
- 65.9g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Hot and sour fish parcels with cucumber salad
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste (see Notes)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 250g cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Steamed SunRice medium grain white rice, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Step 1Preheat oven 180C/160C fan-forced. Cut 4 x 20cm lengths of baking paper. Cut 4 x 30cm lengths of foil.
- Step 2Combine chilli, onion, lemongrass, garlic, turmeric and fish sauce in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir to combine. Place 1 piece of baking paper on 1 piece of foil. Top with 1 fish fillet and 1/4 of the chilli mixture. Top with 1/4 of the tomato slices. Fold over sides of foil and paper to enclose filling. Place on a baking tray, seam-side up. Repeat with remaining fish, chilli mixture and tomato.
- Step 3Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make Dressing Place lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake until sugar has dissolved.
- Step 5Combine herbs, cucumber and peanuts in a bowl. Remove fish from parcels and transfer to shallow bowls. Pour over any cooking juices. Top with salad and drizzle with dressing. Serve with rice.Notes
Lemongrass paste can be found in the fruit and vegetable section of large supermarkets.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Guy Bailey & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas