- 1279 kj Energy
- 17g Fat Total
- 5g Saturated Fat
- 3g Fibre
- 31g Protein
- 135mg Cholesterol
- 466.6mg Sodium
- 5g Carbs (sugar)
- 6g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Hot and sour chickenPrint Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 600g chicken mince
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- fresh thick rice noodles, to serve (see note)
- fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, chilli and 1 tablespoon cold water in a jug.
- Step 2Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 3Add capsicum and sugar snap peas. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Add lime juice mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 4Spoon chicken mixture over noodles. Top with mint leaves. Serve.
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Drain.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Super Food Ideas