- 1599 kj Energy
- 19g Fat Total
- 4g Saturated Fat
- 2g Fibre
- 26g Protein
- 99mg Cholesterol
- 674.88mg Sodium
- 21g Carbs (sugar)
- 22g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Honey sesame chicken with snow peasPrint Recipe
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine, see note)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Snow pea tendrils, to serve (optional)
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine honey, wine, ginger, oyster sauce and sesame oil in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits. Slice snow peas in half, diagonally.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add a third of the chicken. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cover. Repeat twice with more oil and chicken. Carefully clean wok with paper towel.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until bright green. Return chicken to wok. Add sesame seeds and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Top with snow pea tendrils (if using) and serve with rice.
You could use apera (sherry) instead.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Chris L Jones
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply