- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 125g Suncoast Gold Vitality macadamia spread
- 1 egg yolk
- Step 1Make pastry Process flour, sugar and spread until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk. Process until mixture just comes together. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 23.5cm round (base) loose-based flan tin. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Line base and side of prepared pan with pastry. Line pastry with baking paper and ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights or rice and paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is just golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 3Reduce temperature to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Reserve 1/2 cup macadamias. Roughly chop remaining macadamias. Place chopped macadamias, cornflour, brown sugar, butter, milk, honey and eggs in a bowl. Mix to combine. Pour into prepared pastry case. Top with reserved macadamias.
- Step 4Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until centre of pie is just set (cover loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking). Set aside to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream or Honey ice-cream (see related recipe).
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas