- 6kg whole leg ham on the bone
- 1 cup (250ml) orange juice
- 3/4 firmly packed cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (175g) honey
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup (40g) slivered almonds
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a small sharp knife to cut around ham shank in a zigzag pattern. Carefully run knife under the rind, around the edge of the ham. Gently lift off the skin in 1 piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Discard skin.
- Step 2Using a small sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern. Pour 1/2 cup (125ml) water in a large roasting pan. Place a wire rack in the pan and place ham on rack.
- Step 3Combine orange juice, sugar, mustard, honey and Grand Marnier in a small bowl. Brush half the glaze over the ham, then bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 4Add the almonds to the remaining glaze and stir to combine. Spoon the almond mixture over the ham. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until almonds are lightly toasted and caramelised. Remove from oven. Rest for 15 minutes, loosely covered with foil, before carving into slices.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: delicious.