- 2 cups (150g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (no added salt)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 400g firm white fish fillets
- Rice bran oil cooking spray
- Low-fat tzatziki, to serve
- Salad, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon rind and seasoning in a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Step 2Transfer breadcrumb mixture to baking tray and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until golden and crisp. Cool. Transfer to food processor. Pulse to break up any clumps formed during baking.
- Step 3Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Whisk egg, milk and garlic together in a bowl. Place flour on a plate. Cut fish into 3cm x 10cm strips. Coat 1 piece of fish in flour. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking tray. Repeat with remaining fish, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs.
- Step 4Spray both sides of fish lightly with oil spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and fish is just cooked through. Serve immediately with tzatziki and salad.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas