- 2 cooked chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 150g snow pea sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved crossways, cut into matchsticks
- 32 sprigs fresh coriander
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 16 (22cm diameter) rice paper sheets
- Unsalted peanuts, to serve
Hoisin peanut sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Ayam Hoi Sin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Step 1To make the hoisin peanut sauce, combine the hoisin sauce, peanuts, rice wine vinegar and water in a small bowl.
- Step 2Arrange the chicken, shallot, snow pea sprouts, cucumber, coriander and mint on a large platter. Place the rice paper sheets on a large plate. Fill a large shallow dish with warm water.
- Step 3Dip 1 rice paper sheet in the water for 30 seconds or until soft (don’t soak for too long or it will tear). Drain on paper towel. Place the sheet on a clean work surface and spoon a little sauce along the centre. Top with some chicken, shallot, snow pea sprouts, cucumber, coriander and mint. Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining sheets. Serve with peanuts.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 8 as a starter.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste