- 1 x 200g pkt dried egg noodles (Chang's brand)
- 500g chicken breast stir-fry
- 100ml hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch snake beans, topped, cut into 9cm lengths
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- Step 1Cook the egg noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Return to the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Combine the chicken and hoisin sauce in a large bowl. Heat the sesame oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the capsicum and snake beans, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the water and stir-fry for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Step 3Divide the noodles among serving bowls and top with hoisin chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
Leftovers: Use the hoisin sauce as a dipping sauce for rice-paper rolls. Use the sesame oil in this menu’s side (see related recipe). Wine suggestion: Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Chardonnay.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste